Module 4 journal: oprah winfrey on career, life, and leadership
Begin by watching Oprah Winfrey’s interview on Career, Life and Leadership at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, found here. If you are a visual learner, consider finding a transcript to this interview instead (transcript options can be located through a Google search).
After watching the video, reflect on the lessons that Winfrey shares about her professional journey. In your journal reflection, please respond to the following questions and use specific examples from the interview to support your points.
- What elements of this interview did you find interesting or surprising? Why?
- How does self-knowledge (knowledge of skills, strengths, and passions) impact Winfrey’s career journey?
- What advice does Winfrey offer that you might apply to your own life; how would you apply it?
- Choose one quote from the interview and discuss what you think Winfrey is saying and why you find this particular quote/statement meaningful.
- Your journal should be approximately 300-350 words in length and should address each question in the assignment directions.
- Please integrate specific examples from the interview into your response.
- Please refer to the rubric associated with this assignment for detailed guidance about expectations and grading.
- Please submit this assignment through D2L by the date and time indicated on your syllabus.
Required Sources (to be integrated into journal response):
Stanford Graduate School of Business (Host). (2014, April 28). Oprah Winfrey on Career, Life, and Leadership. [Video]. Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DlrqeWrczs