In this module, you have learned about the ways organizations support
In this module, you have learned about the ways organizations support their people, whether it be within the workplace or the local community. In this discussion, you will evaluate business practices that are not considerate of employees and communities, brainstorm reasons why the practices may have been established, and consider how they can be improved.
For your initial post, select one of the following practices to evaluate:
- Employee pay is low.
- Employee training is limited.
- Employee benefits are minimal; there is little paid time off or sick time available.
- The workplace culture is described by employees as stressful, competitive, or alienating.
- A business doesn’t give back to the local community in any way.
- A business outsources many of its suppliers even though many local suppliers are available.
In your initial post, evaluate your selected practice by addressing the following questions:
- What general factors may have contributed to an organization or business implementing this practice?
- What are some potential negative repercussions of the practice on employees, the local community, or the business or organization?
- What benefits might employees, the local community, or the business or organization experience if a more people-friendly practice was incorporated?