All work solver | Literature homework help
RESPOND TO THE FOLLOWING STUDENTS POST BE CONSTRUCTIVE AND PROFESSIONAL WITH RESPOND.
Collaboration is essential for team success; I am always try my best to ensure my team has what they need and feel comfortable providing their inputs in regards to the ways we do things.
- What have you learned during this team collaboration about Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model?
- The most important aspect is that collaboration brings a sense of unity in the team; it also helps determine the goals and direction in which the team is moving towards.
- What is a process for creating a sense of urgency around change?
- First, one must assess the situation and determine the best course of action; depending on the decision there will be those who will always oppose change. Those people will need extra convincing.
- How does collaboration promote self-analysis and help you prevent or correct mistakes?
- By having an open minded team, each team is able to voice their concerns and opinions regarding issues that may arise and thus formulate a plan for future issues that may come up.
- How does collaboration promote problem solving and help team members improve their skills?
- It allows the team members to critically think and challenges them to come up with new ideas and solutions.
- What are the connections between new behaviors and organizational change? How do you replace old habits?
- Like anything changes can be frightening to some people; these are the people management should spent a little more time convincing them that the changes will actually be of a benefit to them.
During this team’s collaboration about Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model, I learned that the model works best when many people work together for the same common goal. I also knew that there would be times when people are not pulling their weight within a group, which needs to be handled right away. The process for creating a sense of urgency around change is to have an opportunity statement that presents the state of urgency and why the change must happen right now. Collaboration promotes self-analysis by making the person responsible and giving their information and being questioned about it. This allows for the evaluation of how much the person put into their part of the task. This is when mistakes can be addressed as well. This also encourages problem-solving and helps team members improve their skills but make sure they are prepared for their part of the project to present. It also allows for everyone to provide feedback to the person to help them do better in the future. The connection between new behaviors and organizational change is that the shift usually promotes new behavior. Once that change has been accepted, the behavior change follows until it becomes a habit and is no longer a change.
Compensation and benefits packages I would consider to help attract and retain employees would be performance bonuses, family support and well-being, child care options health insurance along with employee recognition programs. Even though there are so many other alternatives for me those listed would serve great purpose for employees. Keeping in mind cost of living and setting achievable goals whether big or small, most importantly those that’ll keep businesses aligned and offering those employed the opportunity for growth. Get comparable prices with competitors, being conscious of spending along with supply and demand. The chosen may fluctuate dependent on the time of year, so be in a position (skilled and educated employees) to handle sudden growth and the same with a decline in sales and services.
There are many types of compensation and benefit packages organizations can offer, lets start this discussion with what my company provides. My company RITI knows and fully admits we are not the highest paying company within our line of work, so we boast about our benefits package. We offer 401k matching, a premium PPO health plan, and standard time off policies. The 401k matching seems to be industry-standard amongst similar company’s but the health care is top-notch. Unfortunately, most of our recruiting come from the military, and health care does not have as significant an impact as you would think. The 401k and time off seem similar to like companies. Overall a pretty standard benefits package for the industry.
What sets us aside is the little things that people do not usually think about. In our company, we travel a lot and allow employees to book their travel, hotel, and rental car. This leads to airline miles, hotel status, and rental car rewards. Also, with booking these events, you can use your credit card if your choice for even more credit card rewards and benefits. Ultimately this gives the employees more freedom to choose when and how there are going to get to the work locations. Most companies have travel coordinators that book everything for you based on the lowest cost and rarely consider your personal preferences. The point of all this is that benefits make the employee experience while working for your company more pleasant.
For Kim and Janelle post
If your classmates address the ways that art reflects society: compare the examples they chose with the work you chose. Do they reflect different aspects of the culture/society in which they were created? Do they reflect similar aspects of culture/society in different ways?
This week I chose to look closer at The taking of Neuve-Chapelle. This was an oil painting done in 1916 by Jean-Jacques Berne-Bellecour.
This painting shows the trenches where captured earlier by the Germans and taken back by the British. You can tell that in this painting there are some suffering, some excitement that it belongs back to them, it shows hard work and exhaustion.
I think this particular piece of art showed how raw the trenches could be. You can see men from both sides fighting for what they need. You can see heartbreak, celebration, and death as the British took back what was theirs.
This work of art was something that shattered the worlds of most critics and art makers of the 20th century. To take something as mundane as a urinal and recontextualize it to call it a fountain and a work of art was something that challenged all artistic norms at the time and raised questions like, what is art? Does the artist or the critic decide if something is art or not? Can a work derive from an idea alone, or does it require the hand of a maker? The aim of Duchamps Urinal is uncertain, some aren’t even sure he was the one who created it in the first place. The Society Of Independent Artists had said that he could submit anything and he decided that he would submit the urinal renamed as a fountain. The piece was taken as a joke and rejected. However, the impact was still made when some critics protested that the piece was in fact art because Duchamp changed the perception of the object. He had created a new image out of something that he had not made and did not alter. Duchamp was attempting to break cultural norms in art and create a new perspective on what could be considered art. In an interview in 1964, Duchamp claimed that he chose the urinal because he thought it had the least chance of being liked and would be more challenging to peoples perspectives. He continued to say that ‘I was drawing people’s attention to the fact that art is a mirage’ (Tate). Dadaism was created during WWI which was a time of great uncertainty that caused people to think differently and challenge the established norms of the early 20th century. This is exactly what Duchamp Does with his urinal.
For the next students post that is uploaded below
- Provide clear, helpful feedback in response to your peer’s requested topics.
- Describe at least one element of your peer’s outline that is done very well, and explain why you feel it is well done.
- Be sure to directly reference methods and best practices as discussed in the module resources when offering peer feedback.