Hi300m4 formulating data storage and retrieval processes | HI300M4 | Purdue University
HI300-4: Formulate a secure storage and retrieval process for healthcare data.
GEL-1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
- Create a security plan for a medium sized health care facility. In your security plan, evaluate how you would approach security threats from both inside and outside the organization. Be sure that you address the following items in your security plan:
- physical and administrative safeguards: employee education, health information archival and retrieval systems, disaster recovery, storage media
- access safeguards: authentication, password management
- network safeguards: cloud computing, firewalls, encryption / decryption and using mobile devices to deliver healthcare
- Critique the plan you have written, identifying its strengths, elements that were not covered in the text, and any additional omissions or weaknesses of the plan.
As a reference, you may want to visit the following website:
Source: HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Audit Program: United States Department of Health & Human Services. Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/enforcement/audit/index.html
- The Assignment should be 2–3 pages in length, prepared in a Microsoft Word document, and APA-formatted.
- Include a title page and reference page. Length requirements do not include the title page, and the reference page.
- Follow APA style format and citation guidelines, including Times New Roman 12 point font and double spacing.
- This Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English featuring correct grammar, punctuation, style, and mechanics.
- Include at least two references. The course textbook counts as one reference. All sources must be scholarly. Wikipedia is not acceptable. Use APA style for all citations including course materials.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word document (2-3 pages), and include a title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a title page;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12-point font;
- include correct citations;
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.