Stock and bond valuations tacc
Focus on bond and stock valuation problems and questions.
In this assessment, the emphasis is on calculating the value of bonds and stocks. You will learn about the common features of bonds and learn to differentiate among the types of bonds. The focus then shifts to the mathematics of bond valuation (bond valuation model using the TVM concept). You will also learn about the factors that affect a bond’s price and the relationship between changes in interest rates and bond prices.
In addition to learning about bonds, explore the various components of stock returns, common stock valuation models (such as constant dividend growth and variable growth), the use of the price/earnings (P/E) ratio, and preferred stocks valuation.
This assessment focuses on the TVM concept and how it relates to bond and stock valuations.
Complete and submit the Assessment 3 Template [XLSX].
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze financial environments and concepts.
- Explain what a call provision (call feature) allows (bond) issuers to do.
- Explain why the S&P 500 Index might be a better measure of stock market performance than the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- Competency 2: Apply financial computations and processes.
- Calculate five bond valuation problems correctly.
- Calculate five stock valuation problems correctly.
- Competency 3: Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Convey clear meaning through appropriate word choice and usage.