Hsa5500cbe section 01cbe healthcare leadership and human resources | healthcare leadership and resources | Rasmussen College System
Analyze how human resource standards and practices within the healthcare field support organizational mission, visions, and values.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
Wynn Regional Medical Center (WRMC) is the premier hospital in your area. The hospital has been in your city for over 100 years. Over the past decade, the hospital has been losing money for various reasons, though primarily due to uncompensated care. You were recently hired as the Vice President for Human Resources at WRMC, and part of your responsibilities include presenting historical information to participants of the new employee orientation.
Create a PowerPoint presentation detailing the changing nature of the healthcare workforce. The presentation should contain speaker notes for each slide or voiceover narration. The presentation should address the following topics and questions:
- Historical information on the changing healthcare workforce
- How have legislation and policies changed in the past decade?
- How have patient demographics changed in the past decade (baby boomers, generation X, millennials, ethnicities)?
- How have patient centric approaches changed in the past decade (use of the Internet and social media to gather health information)?
- Challenges associated with the changing healthcare workforce
- What are some of the challenges associated with the policy and legislative changes?
- What are some challenges associated with demographic changes?
- What are some of the challenges associated with patients “researching” their own health instead of going to the doctor?
- Current state of healthcare
- What have been some of the improvements to the healthcare system over the last decade?
- This link has information for creating a PowerPoint presentation.
- Here is a link to information about adding speaker notes.
- Here is a link to information about creating a voiceover narration using Screencast-O-Matic.