Sources of power | Information Systems homework help
Select four (4) individuals currently well known in the USA media and discuss their exertion of one of the sources of power. Students must cover all four of the sources of power (reverent, positional, expert, reward). Apply only one source of power to each of the four individuals you have selected for this assignment.
Students must first discuss power in negotiation and the 4 types of powers (reverent, positional, expert and reward).
Students must include research from at least two (2) journal articles. Do not use internet articles
Students should only include well-known USA individuals or well-known politicians or can include activist (past or present) from other countries. Do not include overseas individuals who are not well-known in the USA
DO NOT include the following:-
President Donald Trump or family
President Barack Obama or wife Michelle Obama
Hillary Clinton or Bill Clinton
Jeff Bezos (Amazon)
Bill Gates (Microsoft)
Elon Musk (Tesla)
Tim Cook (Apple)
For all discussions questions a primary response of 200-250 word must be posted to the discussion forum, the post must be submitted by Wednesday by 11:55pm EST. Each student is to post a reply to another students’ posting (minimum 100 words) and must be posted Sunday by 11:55pm EST. All late submissions will receive a zero grade.
For each discussion, you are required to write an initial post (200-250 words) and one secondary post (100 words). The discussion forums will be worth 50 points apiece—40 points for the initial post and 10 points for the secondary post. For your initial and secondary posts, you must have two academic peer-reviewed articles for references. You must get them from the library. There are directions at the top of our Moodle page showing how to utilize the library.
Grading for discussions.
- All discussions must be completed on-time and must include in-text citations and references in APA style formatting. If you do not use in-text citations or they are not in APA format you will lose 3 points. If you do not have references or if they are not in APA format, you will lose 5 points. (You need citations and references for secondary posts).
- You will lose 10% based on word count if your posts are too short. For example, your initial post is 300 words, if you have 250 words you will lose 5 points. 50 words short times 10% (50 x .10 = 5).
- If any part of your post is copied and pasted (ANY POST), you will receive a “0”. I will not ask you about it and you will not have a chance to resubmit the post.
- If your post is late, you will not receive a zero grade. Points will not be given for any assignment posted after the class ends.
Below are additional suggestions on the way to respond to your classmates’ discussions:
· Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
· Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
· Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research.
· Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
· Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
· Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.