Deep learning | Applied Sciences homework help
- Identify differences between passing a test and gaining knowledge (cramming versus learning)
Review the list below of attributes of experiences that led to deep learning.
Some Attributes of Deep-Learning Experiences
- Being actively involved with your learning.
- Engaging in real and meaningful learning activities.
- Understanding how the learning fits into a bigger picture beyond the structure of a course or class.
- Reflecting by writing something that personalizes your learning.
- Believing that you are in a supportive environment without fear of making mistakes or fear of taking risks.
- Feeling safe from the judgment of others.
- Actively synthesizing concepts.
- Relating the information to your life and experience.
- Integrating new ideas and knowledge with existing knowledge.
- Discussing ideas with peers or others.
- Taking a deep interest in the subject.
- Reflecting on your learning.
Write a journal-style reflection (1–2 pages) of the deep-learning experience you remember. Does the list above remind you of any experiences where you learned deeply? When and where did it take place? How old were you? Were you with peers? Was it a classroom experience or did it take place in another environment—perhaps not a formal learning environment? What were your feelings at the time? What did you learn? Were you able to apply your newly gained knowledge to a real-world situation?