Case study-transforming the organization | CIS 105 Introduction to Information Systems | Strayer University
Week 5 Assignment – Case Study: Transforming the Organization
Use the Week 5 Case Study Template [DOCX] to complete this assignment.
Congratulations! The executives are taking your information system proposal seriously. In fact, they think it has the potential to transform the way the organization works.
The CIO asked you to read Too Much of a Good Thing to think about what resources you will need to get your new information system up and running. Please also view the video How Tech Companies Are Revamping the Remote-Work Experience so you can recommend a change management pattern for your company to follow.
Write a memo to the CIO that describes how to implement your information system into the organization. Please focus on these topics:
- How much of the implementation work can you handle? What additional resources (people, information, time, money, et cetera) will expedite the process so you don’t end up like Susie Jeffer?
- What is your change management strategy? Provide an outline. Consider:
- What new equipment and software are necessary?
- What training and support will the staff need?
- How will the staff complete their work during the transition period?
- Do you anticipate other areas of resistance?
The CIO is very skeptical, so provide evidence that your assessment is accurate and complete. It can be difficult to admit to personal limitations!
Your memo should be 3–5 pages long.
If you use sources to support your writing for this assignment, choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop an information systems solution to address an organizational problem
THE ATTACHEMENT IS JUST AN EXAMPLE