International crime witness, part 1 | CRJ 330 Comparative Criminal Justice | Strayer University
For this assignment, you will select one of the six model nations in the textbook to research the differences in criminal code and legal procedures between the United States and your selected country.
Imagine you are traveling abroad in your chosen country when you witness a local national committing a violent assault. The criminal is arrested and charged by the police. Upon returning to the United States, a professor in one of your criminal justice classes asks you to complete a written report about your experience and the differences in criminal code and legal procedures. Use the Internet and the Strayer Library to conduct your research.
Write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
- Determine the pertinent demographic, social, political, and economic factors about your chosen country.
- Examine the manner in which your chosen country’s criminal code would likely view the crime you witnessed. Provide a rationale for the response.
- Choose two individual rights that the United States grants criminal suspects, such as search and seizure, right to counsel, et cetera, and analyze the country’s perspective on each right. Provide support for the analysis.
- Summarize the manner in which the police in your chosen country would likely treat the defendant. Provide justification for the response.
- Classify the fundamental similarities and differences between the police culture in your chosen country compared to the United States.
- Use at least four quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not count as quality references.